|CASHEW & VEGETABLE KORMA - Serves 6|
.5 tsp whole cumin seeds
2 medium onions, one finely chopped and one sliced
2 tsp fresh ginger, chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 tsp ground coriander seeds
.25 tsp turmeric
95g unsalted cashews
|8 baby potatoes|
125ml coconut milk
1 green pepper, seeded and diced
8 baby gem squash, halved
1 Tbsp fresh coriander leaves
10 curry leaves rinsed in salt water
Salt and pepper
- Heat half the oil in a potjie over moderate coals.
- Add cumin and peppercorns and fry for one minute.
- Add the onions and fry until tender. Add the ginger, garlic, coriander seed and turmeric.
- After a minute add the coriander leaves, cashews, the potatoes and coconut milk and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Lastly add all the vegetables, coriander leaves and curry leaves.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and simmer until all vegetables are just cooked.