|HOW TO PREPARE AND TREAT YOUR POTJIE|
Our traditional range of potjies are not coated on the inside and have only a protective layer of vegetable oil to prevent rusting and help with curing during storage.
|TO PREPARE FOR COOKING THE FOLLOWING STEPS ARE RECOMMENDED|
- Wash out thoroughly with boiling water and dry
- Coat the inside with cooking oil (any) and heat till oil begins to smoke.
- Using a paper towel wipe inside clean. Repeat until towel wipes clean.
- The pot is now ready to use.
- The more you use it the better it becomes
- After each use wash pot and dry over heat.
- Coat inside with cooking oil or Spray & Cook.
- Store with lid off and absorbent paper inside.
HOW TO TREAT YOUR ENAMEL POTJIE
- Our enamel range of potjies are fully coated inside and out in a tough hard waring vitreous enamel that if looked after will last a lifetime. They therefore do not need any treatment or curing and will not rust.
- To preserve the enamel it is recommended that wooded utensils are used.
- Always wash and DRY the potjie well before storing it away.
|HOW TO LOOK AFTER YOUR CHEF SUPREME|
- Wash in warm soapy water, dry well!
- Not suitable for dishwasher.
- Use wooded or non scratch utensils to protect enamel.
- Not for use in microwave oven.
- Do not place pot on high heat source without liquid in.